Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

As A Mom

Another organization that you might find helpful is called As A Mom (asamom.ning.com). They bill themselves as "A Sisterhood of Mommy Patriots" but accept into membership people who are not moms or even female. As A Mom is teaming with Homemakers for America to do a project called The Abigail Adams Project. The object of this project is "to help create a web source of information on who the candidates are and where they stand on the key issues from the President of the United States all the way down to the school board in every city, county and state in the nation." I don't yet have much information on As A Mom, but I obtained as much information as I could get without actually joining. This group is apparently quite new and maybe not as organized as Homemakers for America. As A Mom supports the 9 12 Project (http://www.the912project.com/) and believe in the nine principles of this project, which are: 1. America is good. 2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life. 3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday. 4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government. 5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it. 6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results. 7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. 8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion. 9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me. This group has forum set up on the following topics: education, health care, parent rights, children's future, current events and issues, and how to get involved. I like the fact that they have suggested an action that can be taken each day. Daily: Contact your congressmen daily regarding the health care bill. Ask specific questions that concern you and your situation. Mommy Mondays: Use this day to educate yourself and your family about the Constitution, our Founding Fathers, and other pertinent information. Take Action Tuesdays: Focus on Congress by contacting your Senators and Representatives to voice your concerns and ask questions. White House Wednesday: Call/fax/e-mail the White House with your concerns and questions. Be polite. Keep it short and sweet to get your point across. Ask simple direct questions. Thankful Thursdays: Find a way to make someone smile: send a thank you note, help a neighbor anonymously, make something that can be donated, visit a senior care center, adopt a soldier, etc. Freedom Fridays: Focus on setting yourself and your family free by budgeting, getting out of debt, storing food, etc. These suggestions are very simple. The results would be very powerful, but the actual actions would take very little time or be something that you are probably already doing. If you don't like a particular suggestion, you could always substitute your own for that day. What is really important is to know that there are many people who are concerned about our country and the direction that it is moving. We are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment