Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blue Fridays

I am always watching for actions that I - as an average citizen - can take to help the United States become stronger and better. I attend the public meetings of the Anchorage Assembly, especially those concerning the 2010 budget. I write letters to the editor of the Anchorage Daily News. I telephone, e-mail and send snail-mail letters to the members of Congress that are supposed to be representing Alaska. I spend time everyday on this blog. I am a member of that group of citizens in the United States that was once called the "silent majority." This group is no longer silent as evidenced by the crowds at the town halls. We are making our voices heard. We are voicing our love for America, Family and God in ever increasing numbers and ways. Some members of the formerly silent majority are attempting to start a movement of dignity and respect that shows support for the men and women who defend America. They ask that those who support our troops wear blue on each and every Friday, beginning this week. We can make sure that every airman, marine, sailor and soldier know that the vast majority of Americans love and support them and pray for their safety and success. We can do this by "painting" the United States blue every Friday. I think that it is very fitting to establish Freedom Friday as a day to honor our Defenders because they are ones who protect our freedoms. I will be wearing blue on Fridays. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment