Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Ben Carson

                Since my first choice for President of the United States dropped out of the presidential race, I have been looking for another candidate to support.  Ben Carson may be that person.  The first thing in his favor from my point of view is that he is not member of the Senate simply because we need our conservative Senators in the Senate!  I like his coolness under pressure and his soft answers.  I like his wife and her common touch.  I like his common sense because he appears to see things as they really are rather than how he wants to see them.

                I like the fact that Ben Carson has read the Constitution of the United States.  He wrote a book A More Perfect Union that he “hopes” will tells us “what we the people can do to reclaim our constitutional liberties.”  Mr. Carson became famous because of his success as a pediatric brain surgeon, and he says that the Constitution “isn’t brain surgery.”

                In a phone interview with the Herald Mr. Carson said, “That’s the wonderful thing about the Constitution, it’s written in a way that people can understand…. There are those who want you to think it’s so complex you can’t understand it, but if you read it, it’s written at an eighth grade level.”

                I will be watching Ben Carson for a bit longer before I decide whether or not to support him, but I like what I have seen to this point.  I suggest you do your own research and see if you think he should be the President of the United States.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment