Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Monday, February 1, 2016

Iowa Caucus

                The beginning of the end of this political season took place tonight at the Iowa caucus.  Texas Senator Ted Cruz won for Republicans with Donald Trump taking second and Marco Rubio taking third.  Senator Cruz gave the credit to the grassroots and the glory to God.


                I am relieved that Ted Cruz won the caucus even though it may not mean anything in a few weeks or months.  My long-time readers know that my first support went to Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.  I had numerous reasons for wanting him with one of those reasons being I wanted our conservative Senators to stay in the Senate.  With all the conservative governors out of the race, my next choice was Ted Cruz.  I am a happy woman tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment