Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Boston Marathon

                Today was the 120th running of the Boston Marathon; both the men’s winner and the women’s winner were from Ethiopia.  There were thousands of people running in the 26.2-mile race, including 60 Alaskans.  This number most likely did not include my daughter since she no longer lives in Alaska.  I was relieved to see a picture of her after she completed the race; then I knew for sure that she had survived it!  I am very pleased with her accomplishment, but I am more pleased that the race is over and she is safe.  Right now I am hoping and praying that she finds her driver’s license and/or is able to get on the airplane to fly home!

No comments:

Post a Comment