Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Friday, April 8, 2016

Family Time

                Communities and nations are stronger when families in them are strong.  There are numerous ways to strengthen our families.  There is an old saying:  “Families that pray together stay together.”  This is true.  The saying could also be applied to other activities:  “Families that study the scriptures together stay together” or “Families that enjoy wholesome recreation together stay together” or “Families that go to church together stay together.” 

                I believe that families are strengthened by all these activities because the activities themselves strengthen families.  I also believe one of the keys to making families stronger is the word “together.”  Families must invest their time together in order to know each other.  I believe that it is best to be together physically, but I know how difficult it is with family members scattered all over the nation or even the world.  For this reason I am grateful for the modern conveniences such as telephones and the Internet as well as the postal service.


                I am starting my spring break and will be investing my time with my family; therefore, I may not have the opportunity to write on my blog every day.  I hope my regular readers understand and invest time with their own families.  We can bless our communities and nations by strengthening our own families.

No comments:

Post a Comment