Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Eight Years Later

                Early in 2009 I felt uneasy about the direction that the United States of America was heading. I began studying about the Constitution and the history of our nation. I felt prompted by the Holy Ghost for several months to share my new knowledge with others on a blog. I had no idea how to set up a blog or anything about it, and I procrastinated for several months.  On September 6, 2009, I stopped procrastinating and made my first post explaining why I started my blog.

                I wrote then that the purpose for my blog was to “leave for my posterity the same freedoms and opportunities that I enjoy.” As “an average, ordinary woman” I sought then, and I still seek to do whatever I can to be “engaged in the cause of liberty.” I seek to “help others appreciate the great nation that we live in as well as protect and preserve the Constitution of the United States as our Founding Fathers intended it to be.” This is the reason I started the blog, and it is the reason I continue to write.

                My purpose for writing remains the same, but my focus shifted. I started writing with the intent to write only about the Constitution, the history of our nation, liberty principles, and current events. Then I realized that I was trying to divide my patriotism from my faith in Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, and I knew that I would never succeed in my writing without the help of God.

                I used the early years of my blog in attempt to do what I could to keep Barack Obama from being elected as President of the United States (POTUS) for a second term. As you well know, I failed in my attempt. I realized that the majority of the voters in the United States had chosen evil over good in 2012, and I changed the focus of my blog to increasing faith in Jesus Christ and strengthening marriages and families in an effort to help us prepare for the coming bad times. Even though I continue to write about the Constitution, liberty principles, and current events, I focus on gospel principles and families.

                I have little hope for any great changes after the 2016 election because our government is now controlled by secret combinations. I can plainly see that the goal of those secret groups is to destroy the Christian faith and to destroy the Constitution. I believe the wickedness in our nation and world is greater and the division between good and evil is wider and deeper than ever. There is great need for repentance in our nation.

                The Book of Mormon – Another Testament of Jesus Christ was written for our day. It teaches about secret combinations and how they destroyed two civilizations that lived in ancient America. It also teaches about the importance of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ and how Christians can stand firm and steadfast even in a time of war and wickedness.


                The more I study in the Book of Mormon, the more I see how it parallels our day, particularly the years leading up to the time that Jesus Christ visited the Nephite nation after His resurrection. The days before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will be much like the time before He appeared to the Nephites. I continue to read and study the Book of Mormon, and I encourage all my readers to obtain a Book of Mormon and to study it. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and is given to us to help us prepare for His return.

No comments:

Post a Comment