The topic of discussion for this Freedom Friday concerns Obamacare and why Americans must be freed from the grasps of Obamacare. Alyene Senger posted an article titled “8 Reasons Why Obamacare Should Be Repealed” at The Daily Signal explaining why freedom is needed. Here are her eight reasons for repealing Obamacare.
1. “Obamacare has delivered major increases” in costs of almost 32 percent.
2. “Choice and competition” continue to decline.
3. “Exchange enrollment” was lower than expected due to taxpayers opting to pay the penalty rather than sign up.
4. “Exchange websites” are not sufficient.
5. “If you like your plan, but the Government doesn’t, you can’t keep it.”
6. “Collapsed co-op program.”
7. “Dumping millions [of people] into Medicaid” rather than reforming the Medicaid program.
8. “Restricted access to providers”
Senger says that there are “many more” reasons why “Congress should repeal Obamacare as soon as possible to clear the way for health care reform that actually works for Americans.”
President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Inauguration Day to “ease the burden of Obamacare. A few days later Edmund F. Haislmaier, an expert in health care policy and markets at The Heritage Foundation, explains that the executive order is “particularly welcome news for those who faced loss of their coverage and doctors and escalating premiums and deductibles, but received no offsetting Obamacare subsidies.”