There is much being said in the media about how "likeable" Barack Obama is and how Mitt Romney does not "relate well" with people. I cannot understand why so many people think Obama is likeable. I cannot stand to watch him on television or even listen to his voice. He completely turns me off! On the other hand, Mitt Romney is growing on me. The more I listen to him and the more I hear about him, the more I like him!
In an article entitled "Obama's Remorseless Attacks Having Little Effect," Keith Koffler http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/07/19/obamas-remorseless-attacks-effect/ discussed the "weeks of vicious attacks by the Obama campaign assailing Mitt Romney's character and making questionable charges about his stewardship of Bain Capital" and how they have yielded nothing except a slight edge for Romney in the latest national poll. The article is interesting, but some of the comments were even more interesting to me.
In the first place, the comments tended to be more positive toward Romney than most of the comments I have read in the past months. One commenter by the name of J Dub submitted a sarcastic list of why people would find Romney unlikable. Other comments made by Tom and KRP added a few other reasons. The following ideas are attributed to them.
1. Mitt Romney is "drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura." He looks like "every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief."
2. Mitt Romney has "been married to ONE woman his entire life and has been faithful to her" including while she fought breast
cancer and multiple sclerosis.
3. Mitt Romney has "no scandals or skeletons in his closet." If they were there, someone would be pulling them out for the entire world to see. When an opponent has to go all the way back to a man's high school years to find something wrong with him (maybe cutting a classmate's hair), then we know that there is nothing there!
4. Mitt Romney speaks in the same voice and with the same message to every group. He does not speak in "a fake, southern, `black preacher voice' when necessary."
5. Mitt Romney is "highly intelligent and graduated cum laude from both
Harvard Law School
and ." Harvard Business School
His "academic records have not been sealed."
6. Mitt Romney is "a shrewd and well organized man who knows how to organize a business/political machine. He is a MAJOR force to be reckoned with… as [people are] beginning to find out."
7. Mitt Romney does not "smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college."
8. Mitt Romney "represents an
of `yesterday,' where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw
around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS." America
9. Mitt Romney "has a family of five great sons - and none has a police record or is in drug rehab."
10. Mitt Romney made it possible for his wife Ann to be a stay-at-home mother even during his years in school with one result being socially well-adjusted children.
11. Mitt Romney is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, sometimes called the Mormon Church. This "religion teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest."
12. Mitt Romney made his "money HIMSELF … as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad." He can relate to Americans because he knows what it is like to work and pay his own way.
13. Mitt Romney "worked as an unpaid intern while his father was governor."
14. Mitt Romney "took no salary as Governor" of
15. Mitt Romney "took no salary as CEO of the Olympics."
After comparing the above information about Mitt Romney with what we know about Barack Obama, can you understand why the media considers Obama as "likeable" and Romney as a man who does not "relate well" with other? Neither can I! Romney appears to me to be the best man for the job of President of the
! United States of America