Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Involved Father

                Heavenly Father is the father of our spirits.  He is a personal being who loves us and is interested in each of us.  Even though He has innumerable children, He knows us by name and wants us to be happy.

                Moses was caught up into an exceedingly high mountain where he saw God face to face and talked with him.  Moses saw a vision of the workmanship of God and saw world to the last generation.  [See Pearl of Great Price, Moses 1:1-8, 27-29.]  God said unto Moses:  “For behold there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power.  And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man, but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mind and I know them.
                “And it came to pass that Moses spake unto the Lord, saying:  Be merciful unto thy servant, O God, and tell me concerning this earth and the inhabitants thereof, and also the heavens, and then thy servant will be content.
                “And the Lord God spake unto Moses, saying:  The heavens, they are many, and they cannot be numbered unto man; but they are numbered unto me, for they are mine.”  [Moses 1:35-37.]

                Our Father in heaven showed many things unto Moses, and Moses wrote about many of them.  We are blessed to have the records of Moses to help us know more about our Father in Heaven.

                President Joseph Fielding Smith taught:  “… the thought comes to mind that notwithstanding the countless number of worlds and the great magnitude of many of them, they are a means to an end, and not the end itself.  The Father is creating worlds for the purpose of peopling them – placing upon them his sons and his daughters. We are informed in section 76 of the Doctrine and Covenants, that by and through the Son of God the `worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants hereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.’ [Doctrine and Covenants 76:24.]
                “We learn from these scriptures from which I have read and from other revelations from the Lord, that man is the most important of all our Father’s creations.  In the same vision given to Moses, the Father said:  `And as one earth shall pass away, and the heavens thereof, even so shall another come; and there is no end to my works, neither to my words.  For behold, this is my work and my gory – to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.’ [Moses 1:38-39.]


                The idea that God is my Father and loves me brings great joy to me.  The idea that our Father considers His children to be His greatest creation astounds me.  Yet, as a mother, I know that my greatest accomplishment is my children.  Everything I do is done for the benefit of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment