Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day

                Election Day finally arrived. Yeah! No more political ads! Yeah! Yet, I feel a sense of apprehension. Is the election really over? Are we better off today than we were yesterday? Will there be more mud-slinging between individuals and parties? Will there be violence? How do we heal the divisions in our families, communities, and nation? What will our nation look like in four years?

                I voted a few days ago, but I have to admit that my choice in this election was much more difficult than in previous ones. I have always been #NeverHillary, but I still had a difficult time making my final decision. As you well know, there was no perfect candidate or anyone that was close to being ideal. The platforms for the Green Party and the Libertarian candidates did not appeal to me. That left Donald Trump and Evan McMullin.

                I honestly investigated McMullin because I wanted to be in sync with my intelligent children who were supporting him. I believe that five of my children voted for McMullin and one for Clinton. I value the opinions of my children and did not want division in my family. One of my sons threatened to “unfriend” me on Facebook until after the election, and one of my daughters told me that her choice was always between McMullin and Clinton.

                I read constantly and studied the information. I listened to the opinions of others. I weighed all the information, and I made the only decision that seemed feasible to me. I prayed for confirmation of my decision often and received it. These are the reasons why I finally voted as I did.

                My #1 reason is that the Holy Ghost confirmed my decision. Even though I felt intense pressure to vote otherwise, I followed the prompting I received. I do not know the reason for the prompting, but I followed it.

                My #2 reason is that I wanted to stop Hillary Clinton from becoming President and Trump had the only possible chance to stop her. There are far too many scandals surrounding her for far too many years. I consider her to be evil and part of a secret combination trying to overthrow the government of the United States. I believe she committed treason numerous times giving aid to the enemy by not securing classified material. I believe she should be in prison for her choices. I believe that she would continue the disastrous policies of the Obama administration.

                My #3 reason is the Republican platform of conservative principles. I believe that conservative principles work every time they are tried. The platform supports the Constitution, the right to life, a strong economy, a strong national defense, and other conservative principles. I believe the platform to be a good solid foundation to keep our nation growing and improving. Just as a high tide raises all boats, I believe that the high ideals of the Republican platform would raise all Americans. Even though all Republicans do not follow the platform, I believe there are enough – such as Representative Trey Gowdy and Senator Mike Lee – who could hold Trump close to the ideals of the party.

                My #4 reason is the Supreme Court. I feel certain that Clinton would appoint liberal justices to the Supreme Court as well as to lesser federal courts. With a possibility of four or five justices to be replaced within the next four years, Clinton could completely change the court and affect our nation for generations. Justices who change the laws from the bench for political purposes can destroy the Supreme Law of the land.

                My #5 reason is Israel. The Republican platform is much stronger for Israel than that of the Democrat platform. I believe that God blesses nations that help Israel and withholds blessings from those who do not. I believe that the United States must stand with Israel or risk losing God’s blessings.

                These are the reasons why I voted as I did. Whether or not anyone agrees with me, I feel that I made the correct decision for me, and I know that I will have to live with the consequences of my decision. The thing that bothers me is that we will all have to live with the decision made by the majority of voters. Look what the majority gave us for the last two elections – the worst President in the history of our nation -  and you will know the reason for my concern. May God bless the United States of America!

                

No comments:

Post a Comment