Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Trump's Address to Joint Session of Congress

            I watched most of the address presented by President Donald Trump to the joint session of Congress. It is the first presidential speech that I have watched in numerous years. Barack Obama was so negative and told so many lies that I could not stand to watch him speak. I liked most of what I heard from President Trump and can live with the remainder of his ideas. I will watch anxiously to see if his actions follow his words. 

            I liked what President Trump said about the “renewal of the American spirit” and America being “strong,” “proud,” “free,” and “ready to lead” again. I am particularly impressed that he is thinking ahead to the 250th anniversary of the founding of the United States – 250 years since Americans declared independence from Great Britain. He asked, “What will America look like as we reach our 250th year?” and “What kind of country will we leave for our children?”


            Those are very good questions that all Americans should be asking ourselves. From the words and tone of President Trump, I believe that America will continue to move forward and become great once again. I particularly liked his emphasis on the need for all Americans to work together to achieve greatness. I encourage you to read the full text of his message and receive his positive message. May God continue to bless the United States of America!

No comments:

Post a Comment