Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Are You Republican?

            Many people refuse to belong to the Republican Party, and they do so for various reasons. I refused to join the Republicans for many years because I wanted to remain “independent” for voting. A close friend was quite involved in politics at the time, and she described Independents as people who did not know what they wanted or who refused to commit themselves. She explained that as Independents, people had absolutely no influence on who represented either party but had to resign themselves to whomever the Party chose to represent them.

            I considered my friend’s comments for a few months, and I decided that she was absolutely right in my case. I did not want to commit myself to any particular party because I wanted to be free to choose the individuals that I would support. I pondered the situation for some weeks, and then I decided to commit myself. Since I was voting a nearly-straight Republican line any way, I decided that I might as well become a Republican in name.

            Are you a Republican in principle, but not in name? If you are, what is your excuse for not making the commitment? You might believe in Republicanism and not even know it, just as I did at one time.

            Earick Ward posted an article at American Thinker titled “You might be a Republican….” It lists a lot of Republican ideas and values that you might support and believe. One never knows unless one investigates! Here are some of Ward’s words.

If you believe in God, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that your Rights are inherent (in that they come from God), and not granted by Government, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that Western Civilization (America) has been a net good in the world, you might be a Republican.

If you believe in the Rule of Law, you might be a Republican.

If you believe in the traditional tenets of Marriage and Family, you might be a Republican. …

If you believe that your opportunity is the result of hard work, you might be a Republican….

If you believe in Freedom of the Press, but despise fake news, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that the “free market” is better than a centrally-managed socialized economy, you might be a Republican.

If you believe that your “right to carry” shall not be infringed, you might be a Republican….

If you support our military and police, you might be a Republican….

If you believe that you deserve to keep what you earn and that you are taxed enough already, you might be a Republican….


            What do you think? Are you a secret Republican? 

No comments:

Post a Comment