The liberty principle for this Freedom Friday is the simple fact that Americans have the RIGHT to walk freely without the government – federal or local – trying to run our lives. The Founders of this great nation wrote the Constitution to keep the people from an overbearing government; they knew that most people were smart enough to run their own lives without the government telling them how to do it. The federal government of today is so busying trying to control the citizens that it is not doing the work it should be doing.
While glancing at a conservative on-line news blog, I saw the following headlines: (1) “101st Airborne Won’t Get Full Protective Hazmat Suits for Ebola Mission in West Africa:” This is the government not protecting its military against a deadly disease. The government is supposed to protect its citizens, including the military.
(2) “Huckabee Calls for Pastors to Flood Houston Mayor with Sermons:” This is in response to the mayor of Houston, Texas, ordering pastors to send all their “speeches” to the city for review.
(3) “Benefits of Evil: Dozens of Ex-Nazis Reportedly Paid Millions in Social Security:” It is no wonder that Social Security is running out of funds. Our government has been sending millions of dollars to ex-Nazis in secret!
(4) “Confusion: US Humanitarian Aid Going to ISIS:” What in the world! Why are we sending humanitarian aid to the enemy? Let’s win the “war” and then show compassion!
(5) “Obama Administration Quietly Prepares `Surge’ of Millions of New Immigrant ID’s:” The President of the United States is breaking the law and endangering the health and lives of all Americans by not securing the southern border; instead of supporting the law of the land, he invites illegals into our nation and then rewards them for being here!
(6) “NY Gun Registry Deems Almost 35,000 People Too Mentally Ill to Carry a Gun:” How can there be that many mentally ill people in New York unless the government is driving people crazy?
(7) “Obama Makes Rare Campaign Trail Appearance, People Leave Early:” Maybe, just maybe, people are beginning to see him for what he is!
(8) “Common Core Horror Stories From Florida:” The government tries to sell Common Core as a good education plan but in reality is trying to brainwash our children! The horrors of Common Core are being reported all over the nation.
There were other news articles, but these show just how much control our governments have over us. They show just a few of the ways that our governments - from the locals to the federal – are trying to control what we eat, what our children learn in school, how we defend ourselves, what we believe, etc. – and doing it all while wasting our hard-earned tax dollars.
I believe that it is time that we “drain the swamp” to get rid of all the career politicians and elect new leaders. I hope Americans are smart enough this election to pay attention to what the candidates are actually saying, read between the lines, and elect those men and women who will actually do the jobs we elect them to do.