Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Election in Israel

                My thoughts have been on Israel more and more these days.  As I write this post I am concerned about the election currently underway in Israel.  I am anxious to learn the outcome of the election and yet fear too many Israelis will be fooled as too many Americans were fooled in 2008 and 2012.  Since faith is the opposite of fear, I am trying to have faith.  I know God is in charge and will take care of everything, I just do not know how He will do it or when; therefore, I am a little on edge.

                Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is in a tight race against an opponent being helped by Barack Obama.  In spite of the close race, Netanyahu declared there would be no Palestinian state if he became re-elected.  He refuses to withdraw from occupied areas because that action would simply give territory to Islamic extremists.  He is no longer willing to have a peace agreement to reach a solution to the desire of the Palestinians to have their own state.  This new position will most likely cause more trouble between Mr. Obama and Mr. Netanyahu should the latter be re-elected.

                I personally believe Prime Minister Netanyahu is the best man for Israel.  I like what I see and hear from him.  I was impressed with his address to the U.S. Congress just a couple of weeks ago.  If Israel elects a man similar to Barack Obama, most people would say that Israel is doomed.

                I have been praying for the survival of Israel for many months.  I know that the Jews are in the cross-hairs of too many people and nations; apparently this number includes Barack Obama and his supporters.  Mr. Obama seems to be determined to destroy Mr. Netanyahu and Israel and to do everything he can possibly do to achieve that result.

                I am concerned about Israel just as I am concerned about America.  I believe that both nations are in for some rough times.  I believe America will survive - barely, but I know Israel will overcome her enemies because God will fight for Israel.

                An Old Testament prophet by the name of Zechariah prophesied that in the latter days “all the people of the earth [will] be gathered together against [Jerusalem]….        
                “And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem” (Zechariah 12:3, 9).


                Will the United States be among those nations that God destroys?  Until recently I believed America would always stand with Israel and be saved, but I am truly questioning this belief now.  It appears to me that Mr. Obama administration and his supporters are working really hard to leave Israel standing alone.  This is all I can say at this point:  May God bless Israel and may God bless the USA!

Updated before posting: 
                Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made a victory speech today; therefore, I assume it is safe to say he won re-election.  This site is reporting that 99.5 percent of the ballots have been counted with Mr. Netanyahu’s Likud party increasing its lead.  I am now more comfortable about the situation, but I suppose Barack Obama is not enjoying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment