The impeachment clown show started today in the U.S. House of Representatives. The Democrats hate Donald Trump so much that they will do anything to take him out of office, even turning themselves into clowns and the People’s House into a three-ring circus. Needless to say, the circus did not perform well today.
The first two witnesses – George Kent (deputy assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian Affairs) and William Taylor (acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine) – were given the offenses worthy of impeachment. Then they were asked what Trump’s impeachable offense was. They could not answer the question and just looked at each other. Their main topics for their testimonies were: Who is in charge of the policy on Ukraine for the Trump administration and Trump’s focus on the business dealings of Hunter Biden. Neither of diplomats were on the phone with Trump when he spoke with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in July, and both had formed their opinions on something someone told them that someone else had said.
Fred Lucas at The Daily Signal wrote about “six key moments” from the impeachment hearings held today.
1. Bidens and Burisma: Hunter Biden’s role as a well-paid board member for the Ukrainian energy company Burisma was a subject that House Democrats’ counsel, Daniel Goldman, sought to dispose of early. [Neither Taylor nor Kent had any information about Hunter Biden.]
2. Staffer: “Trump Cares More about Investigations.” [Kent and Taylor both testified previously behind closed doors. Taylor added new information today about a member of his staff saying that Trump was more interested in the investigation of the Bidens than in Ukraine. He based his statement on a telephone call he overheard between Ambassador Sondland and Trump. I have heard that the staff member may be in trouble due to the fact that conversations with the president are classified.]
3. A visit to the White House and military aid were tied to the investigation. [The Trump administration held up nearly $400 million of aid – already approved by Congress – because he was concerned about corruption in Ukraine. However, Ukraine did not know the aid was being held, and Zelenskyy has repeatedly said that he did not feel pressured by Trump to open investigations. The aid was released and there have been no investigations.]
4. Kent and Taylor said several times that they were not listening in on the call between Trump and Zelenskyy and were relying on information from other people. Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio) who is an attorney, later told the two witnesses: “We’re not in a court, gentlemen. But, if we were, the Sixth Amendment would apply and so would rules on hearsay and opinion. Most of your two testimonies would not be admissible whatsoever.”
5. Taylor testified that the Trump administration’s policy toward Ukraine is an improvement over that of the previous administration. He said that he was “pleased when the Trump administration provided Javelin anti-tank missiles and enacted stronger sanctions.”
6. Trump was busy running the nation and was “too busy to watch” the witch hunt. He did, however, know that the Democrats were using lawyers to do the questioning
From what I watched of the clown show, the Democrats have nothing on President Trump. This impeachment hearing is another waste of time and money that the Democrats should be using to improve American lives. They are aptly called the “Do Nothing Democrats” because they have done nothing for the country since Trump was elected. Their full attention has been on getting rid of Trump. I hope that Americans will remember the many clown shows put on by the Democrats and vote them all out of office.