One of the heroes in Congress is Representative Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). One week ago, he was the top Republican on the House Oversight and Reform Committee. As such, he was present when depositions for possible impeachment witnesses were taken in the basement of the Capitol building. However, he was reassigned temporarily to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. Many Americans were relieved to see this reassignment because is a loyal conservative that is not afraid to confront the Democrats in their attempt to remove President Donald Trump from office.
Jordan immediately showed his worth on the new committee when he sharply questioned witnesses and voiced the frustration felt by Republicans for the partisan process. He has a sharp intellect and great communication skills and quickly cuts through the foolishness put up by the Democrats.
In an article posted at The Daily Signal, Aaron Credeur shares seven things that he thinks we should know about Jordan as he leads the Republicans in defense of Trump.
1. He was founding chairman of the House Freedom Caucus [in 2015] [and is] “a staunch conservative…. The Freedom Caucus was instrumental in Boehner’s resignation as House speaker…. Jordan served as the first chairman of the caucus from 2015 to 2017, and the group now has more than 30 members, all Republicans, in the House.
2. Boehner called him a “legislative terrorist” [because] Jordan isn’t shy about undermining Republican leadership.
3. He was a collegiate championship wrestler… while attending the University of Wisconsin at Madison, winning two NCAA Division I championships in 1985 and 1986…. Jordan [is still] a fierce combatant….
4. He faced criticism surround his time as a wrestling coach. Jordan was an assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State University from 1987 to 1995 [and Democrats are still accusing him of wrongdoing].
5. He argued for opening a special counsel probe … on then-Attorney General Eric Holder [about IRS targeting the tax-exempt status of conservative nonprofits].
6. He ran for House speaker after Paul Ryan’s resignation and is [one of the president’s closest allies].
7. He has a 100% rating from the American Conservative Union … one of only three current lawmakers with a perfect lifetime score from … [the] organization that ranks members of Congress based on their voting records on conservative issues.
Jordan is now “front and center” in the impeachment hearings and is Adam Schiff’s worst nightmare. Jordan is not reticent to call out Schiff on his shifty ways. He is certainly making it clear that there is a tried and true conservative on the committee who is willing to stand toe-to-toe with any Democrat.