There is no question or debate about the huge divide in the United States between conservatives and liberals. Both sides apparently believe that the other will destroy the United States. Case in point: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claims that Donald Trump must be impeached and removed from office because he is an imposter in the office of President, and he is destroying the Constitution. It does not matter to her that more than 60 million Americans voted for Trump, and most of us still support him.
I do not know or see all that is going on in this vast country, and I do not even pretend to understand what I do know and see. However, any President, who decreases the number of Americans on unemployment or food stamps and cuts enough regulations to allow the stock market to soar, cannot be trying to destroy the country. He is doing exactly what he promised to do before he was elected: Make America Great Again. The more people have employment and become self-reliant, the stronger the nation is. Despite all the good things that the Trump administration is doing, Democrats cannot seem to support any of them.
Yet, there is no need to say that Democrats do not love America. I know numerous Democrats who are good people and who are doing good things in our nation. The American Eagle needs both its right wing and its left wing to fly straight and strong. However, being Democrat or even liberal is not the same as being part of the Left.
I believe that it is safe to say that the Left, or the people on the far left of the political spectrum, do not love America. These are the people who want to “fundamentally transform” America. If they love America, they love her as she is – with all her faults and weaknesses – because they know that she is special. There are ways to improve America without fundamentally transforming it.
Picture if you will a beautiful home that is maintained with periodic upgrades and painting. It is basically the same house, but it is being maintained and upgraded to be the best that it is. Now picture a home that is undergoing a major remodel where walls are torn out, a new level or wing is added, and the look of the house is drastically changed. The major remodel is a fundamental transformation, while the house that is being properly maintained and/or upgraded is basically the same. We can look at America in the same way. It is our home. We want it to be the best that it can be, but we like our home the way that it is. We do not desire any big changes in it.
The Left wants to transform America. Leftists do not like the free market system known as capitalism despite it being the power behind our soaring economy. They do not like our democratic republic because they do not want the responsibility of taking care of themselves. Even though there is lots of proof that socialism and communism are terrible systems, many of Americans want us to go down the socialism path. They do not love America because they want to transform her.
Dennis Prager, founder of PragerU, gives several reasons for why we know that Leftists do not love America. He says, “Love of America is one of the many dividing lines between liberalism and leftism.” Here are his six reasons to believe that the left hates America.
1. No one denies that the international left – the left in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and elsewhere – hates America. Therefore, in order to argue that American leftists do not hate America [would be to say that American leftists differ from leftists around the world.] All the world’s left hates the U.S., but the American left loves it….
2. Leftists want to “fundamentally transform” the United States. We first heard the phrase “fundamentally transform” from Barack Obama five days before he was elected President of the United States.] … More recently, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren announced that she plans to “fundamentally transform our government.” … [Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders is another candidate that wants to fundamentally transform America.]
3. Leftists have contempt for the American flag….
4. Leftists routinely describe America as racist, sexist, xenophobic, imperialist, genocidal, homophobic, obsessed with money, and morally inferior to most Western European countries….
5. America is the most successful country in world history – while being the most committed to capitalism and remaining the most religious of all the industrialized democracies. [Leftists hate both capitalism and Christianity.]
6. Love is, among other things, an emotion. So, here is a question about leftists’ emotions: Do any leftists get the chills when the national anthem is played or when they see the American flag waving as the anthem is play? Given their rhetoric, it is most unlikely. Yet, every person I know who loves America does get a chill at such moments. Do leftists, as opposed to some liberals and conservatives, display the flag on any national holiday? How many leftists even own a flag?
Prager asks an important question, “If leftists do not love America, what do they love?” They claim to love Mother Earth, animals, power, material equality, and themselves. “They do not love Western culture….
Interestingly, while they often claim to love humanity, many don’t seem to love people. They give less charity and volunteer less time to the downtrodden than conservatives, for example. They have much less interest in having children and making families. They are far more likely than conservatives to cut off relations with friends or relatives with whom they differ politically. And if they really loved people, they would love capitalism because only capitalism has lifted billions of people from poverty.
We can tell the true leftists when we see them. They are the ones trampling on the flag or burning it. They are the ones who want to rewrite the Constitution. They are the ones who cannot admit that the United States was founded on Christian principles. They are the ones who want to fundamentally transform America.