Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Monday, August 24, 2020

What Are Some of the Sacrifices Made in Support of the President?

             For my VIP for this week, I chose to remember Kellyanne Conway, who announced this morning that she is leaving the White House at the end of this month. I know that presidential aides come and go in every administration, but I really hate to see Kellyanne leave because she is one of Donald Trump’s longest-serving aides. She was his 2016 campaign manager and was the first woman to lead a winning campaign. She moved from the campaign to the position of counselor to the President in the White House. She has been one of Trump’s most ardent supporters and defenders.

            Kellyanne is leaving the White House for a good reason – for the good of her family, and I applaud her for doing so. I often wondered how she could continue to do such an outstanding job in supporting Trump, when her husband, George Conway, was such an outspoken critic of the President. The difference in political views must have made an interesting marriage and family atmosphere. There is little wonder that their fifteen-year-old daughter was affected.

I do not know how such a situation could continue for a month, let alone four years. However, the parents have come together “for the good of the children.” Kellyanne is leaving the White House, and George is stepping down from his role at the Lincoln Project – an organization that seems to have a single goal of defeating Trump. They both made statements to explain their plans for the immediate future – first Kellyanne’s and then George’s.

Our four children are teens and tweens starting a new academic year, in middle school and high school, remotely from home for at least a few months. As millions of parents nationwide know, kids “doing school from home” requires a level of attention and vigilance that is as unusual as these times. This is completely my choice and my voice. In time, I will announce future plans.


For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama.

So I’m withdrawing from @ProjectLincoln to devote more time to family matters. And I’ll be taking a Twitter hiatus. Needless to say, I continue to support the Lincoln Project and its mission. Passionately.

            I will miss seeing Kellyanne and her smiling face dueling with the reporters in her vibrant defense of the President Trump. I wish the Conway family much success in strengthening their family and meeting the needs of their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment