Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Power of One

How many times have you heard of a serious problem in your neighborhood or city and thought "someone needs to do something?" How often have you read about items or events of state or national interest and asked "what can be done?"
As I have listened to, read about, and observed the massive changes being made in the way my country is being governed, I have become very concerned for my grandchildren and what kind of country they will inherit. I envision one or more of these sweet little children asking me questions, such as: What were you doing that was more important than protecting my liberty? What did you do to encourage the politicians to limit the size of our government? What did you do to stop Congress from incurring so much debt - debt that my generation is forced to repay? What were you thinking?
I decided that I must do something, but I wondered what I could do. I am very aware that I am only one average, law-abiding, freedom-loving person. I remembered reading or hearing a poem about "I am only one" and found a couple of very similar ones written by different people on a blog called "Jetting through Life." The basic thought of both these poems is that I may be only one person and cannot do everything but I can do something.
I began to realize that there are many things that I can do that can make a difference, at least in the small circle of my influence. I realized that I can be a positive force for good to those who matter most to me. I started this blog with the hope that I can be a good positive influence by telling of actions that one solitary person or one family can do to help preserve and protect our liberties and to keep our country strong.
How about you? You are only one person. You can do something to be a positive influence to those who know you. What will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment