Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Monday, August 27, 2018

John McCain


            We learned on Friday that Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) stopped treatments for his cancer, and we knew that his death was close. The next day, Saturday, August 25, 2018, we were told that he had died in the presence of his wife and family. I send my condolences to his family in the loss of their loved one because I know that the death of a loved one is difficult.

            I do not really know how I feel about the policies of John McCain. I voted for him when he ran for President of the United States. I did not know much about him at the time, but I felt that he would be better for the United States than Barack Obama. I may have been wrong on that assumption because I have questioned many of his votes and statements since that time.

            The biggest question I have is why he did not resign from the Senate as soon as he learned that he would not be able to fulfill his responsibilities there. I cannot understand why he kept the seat when he could not do the work. I am positive that he understood that his cancer was terminal. Why did it make a difference if he died in office or not? I believe that he would have received just as much honor and glory at his death if he had resigned as he will now. It seems to me that he would have resigned in order for Arizona to have full representation in the Senate. Nevertheless, I hope that John McCain rests in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment