Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Donald Trump - the Man and the President


            I recently had numerous opportunities during a cruise in foreign waters to meet people from other nations. One evening my husband and I had a lengthy discussion with a couple from Israel. When we mentioned that we live in Alaska, they expressed their great love for the beauty of Alaska. Then they asked their $64,000 question: What do you think of your President?

            Knowing that they were referring to Donald Trump, I shared my feelings openly and honestly. I told them that I believe that Trump is accomplishing many good things as the President of the United States even though I am not sure about Trump the man. They expressed their approval of Trump’s many accomplishments and his support of Israel, but they acknowledged their understanding of my feelings about him personally.

            Having lived more that seventy years, I have endured and survived several presidential administrations. Some of the presidents were good men and good presidents while others were the total opposite or even mixed. An example of the latter is Jimmy Carter who was a Sunday school teacher, obviously loved his wife and family, and seemed to be a thoroughly good man. However, he was a terrible president, and I was relieved when he was not reelected to office. Donald Trump has many characters flaws, but he is a good president.

            Donald Trump says and does things that I do not support, but I must give him credit for the many ways that he is blessing Americans and people all over the world. He claims that he is putting America and Americans first, and I have no reason to doubt his words. He has been constantly opposed by the media, liberals, and even members of his own party, but he continues to fight for Americans and people in every nation.

            The list of Trump’s accomplishments continues to grow. I approve of what he is doing because I believe he is making America great again (MAGA). The list of Trump’s accomplishments includes the following: (1) booming economy; (2) lowest unemployment in history for blacks and Hispanics; (3) appointed Neil Gorsuch and nominated Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court (Both men are high qualified for the job and have respect for the Constitution.); (4) nominated more than two dozen lower court judges with similar qualifications and constitutionalism; (5) worked with Congress to pass the largest tax cuts since the Reagan administration; (6) cut regulations; (7) ended the U.S.’s dependence on Middle Eastern oil; (8) ended the Obamacare mandate; (9) reformed Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act; (10) took the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord and Iranian nuclear deal; (11) rebuilt our military; (12) brought Kim Jong Un of North Korea to the bargaining table to negotiate denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula; (13) caused NATO allies to pay for their own defense.

            Trump has made it clear to allies and enemies that the United States is not the piggy bank of the world. He bows to no one, and he allows no one to insult the United States. I believe that Trump is a good president even though I question some of his personal manners. Although I do not believe that he is a good example to hold up for my children and grandchildren, I must give him credit for his accomplishments.

            Trump made all the above accomplishments while liberal judges stopped many of his actions and liberals of both parties fought him on all sides. The “deep state” continues in their attempt to bring Trump down even as he is fighting for America and Americans. I realized recently that Trump is not the first President to fight the “deep state.”

            A couple of nights ago I watched the movie titled JFK about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. The movie is based on two books – On the Trail of the Assassins by Jim Garrison and Crossfire: The Plot That Kill Kennedy by Jim Marrs. The movie is described as follows

JFK is a 1991 American conspiracy-thriller film directed by Oliver Stone. It examines the events leading to the assassination of John F. Kennedy and alleged cover-up through the eyes of former New Orleans district attorney Jim Garrison (Kevin Costner). Garrison filed charges against New Orleans businessman Clay Shaw (Tommy Lee Jones) for his alleged participation in a conspiracy to assassinate the President, for which Lee Harvey Oswald (Gary Oldman) was found responsible by the Warren Commission.

            Having lived through the assassination of JFK and tried to discern the truth of what happened, I was riveted to the movie. As I watched it, I could not help feeling that I was reliving history. As the movie played, it seemed to be describing the situation that we are in at the present time with Trump. The media and the “deep state” were opposed to many of the actions taken by JFK and determined that the only way to stop him was to kill him – and they did.

            The “deep state” continues their attempt to bring Trump down and to stop him from “draining the swamp.” I am fearful that there may be another presidential assassination if the “deep state” fails to stop Trump in other ways. I will continue to pray for protection of President Trump because I believe that he is a good president who is putting America and Americans first and making America great once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment