Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Monday, November 15, 2021

Who Is Ryan Guillen?

            My VIP for this week is Ryan Guillen who saw the writing on the wall and made a good decision. He was a long-serving Democratic Texas state representative since 2003. Today, he changed his political party to Republican. Here is his reasoning: 

Throughout my entire career, creating a prosperous business climate, defending the second amendment, and protecting the lives of the unborn are the cornerstones of how I have represented my district…. After much consideration and prayer with my family, I feel that my fiscally conservative, pro-business, and pro-life values are no longer in-step with the Democrat Party of today, and I am proudly running as a Republican to represent House District 31.

            Guillen sounds like he is a conservative, something totally out of line with the Democrats of today. He may be more conservative than some of the Republicans-in-name-only (RINOs) that hold office. Welcome to the Republican Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment