Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Are We Through with Masks?

            The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) mask mandate was due to expire on April 18 but extended it to May 3, 2022. However, a Florida federal judge overturned the mandate yesterday for public transit and planes. U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle declared the mandate to be “unlawful because it exceeded the statutory authority of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and because its implementation violated administrative law,” according to CNN.

            According to Herb Scribner, questions remain about how overturning the mandates will affect “airports and train stations across the country.” One of the questions pertains to whether the Justice Department will appeal the ruling. 

            I was relieved to hear that the judge had overthrown the mandate because I plan to travel before May 3, 2022, the day that the mandate was to be cancelled. I am through with all the mandates given out by the various governments. If I feel vulnerable, I will wear a mask, or I will stay away from large gathering. However, I choose to exercise my agency and my freedom to choose for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment