Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

More on Benghazi

            The House Oversight Committee began another round of Benghazi hearings today.  The truth is slowly coming out because brave whistle-blowers are coming forward with first-hand information about what took place in Benghazi.  The leaked information portrays the Obama Administration as liars who spun a web of deceit.  Since the attacks took place just before the 2012 Presidential Election, we can safely assume the deceit took place for political reason.  The Oversight Committee hearing can be found on YouTube, with a very interesting exchange here.  

                Nearly eight months ago and on the eleventh anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on America, a United States facility was attacked in Benghazi, Libya.  The attacks claimed the lives of U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, State Department employee Sean Smith, and two former Navy SEALs Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.  Doherty and Woods fought bravely but were abandoned by the U.S. government.  Survivors of the attacks were rescued about twenty hours later, brought back to the United States and instructed to keep quiet.

                Although the Obama Administration was aware the facility was attacked by Islamic militants, they initially claimed that the attack took place because of a video critical of Islam was posted on YouTube.  President Barack Obama, former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, and U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice all made statements condemning the video and calling it “terribly offensive.” 

Glenn Beck and The Blaze have claimed for more than seven months that the Administration was being dishonest with us.  The new information is coming from whistle-blowers – from both the State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency – who have first-hand information about what took place.  These courageous federal employees are risking their careers – and possibly their lives – by coming forward.  One of the claims to be confirmed by the whistle-blowers is the confirmation that a “stand down order” was given to the Special Forces team that could have reached the Americans before the second attack took place.

Beck reminded his listeners on Tuesday morning that he “came out three, four days into [the Benghazi thing] and I said:  `This is what I believe is happening.’  And I laid the story out.  And so far everything but the gun-running is panning out.  And I was told by a source last night that the gunrunning thing is a foregone conclusion, everyone in Washington, they all know it was gunrunning to Syrian rebels, which are now headed by the Muslim Brotherhood guy from Dallas, Texas.  The circle is complete.”

Beck added, “The media had this story dead to rights, they could’ve easily done this story and it would’ve changed the course of the election, but instead, now we have to go through scandal for the next three years.  We’re going to have to question Clinton and everybody in the State Department.”

Our President, our former Secretary of State, and other national leaders lied to us about the video and have done their best to cover up the happenings in Benghazi with the willing assistance of the mainstream media.  I believe the congressional hearing brought out a lot of truth about what happened, why it happened, and who is responsible in order for true justice to take place.  I was relieved to hear Representative Issis say that the hearing was closed but the investigation remained open.

No comments:

Post a Comment