Why are Democrat Senators reluctant to create a selective committee in the U.S. Senate to investigate Benghazi? Why are the Democrats so afraid of learning the truth about Benghazi? Do they already know the truth? Are they trying to keep the truth hidden?
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) asked the Senate to approve a resolution supporting the creation of a select committee to investigate Benghazi. Senator Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, blocked the request, stating that the request was politically motivated.
Before Senator Cruz made his request, he asked ten key questions about the 2012 attack against the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. These are more good questions, questions that deserve answers, but Democrats do not seem to want to know the answers. Do they know already? Senator Cruz’s questions are as follow.
“1) Why was the State Department unwilling to provide the requested level of security to Benghazi in the summer of 2012?
2) Do President Obama’s daily intelligence briefings in the run-up to September 11, 2012, support the assertion that there was no credible threat of a coordinated terrorist attack on Benghazi during the time? And do the daily intelligence briefings following that date support the claim the administration made that the cause was an Internet video? And why hasn’t the White House declassified and released those briefings, just like President George W. Bush did with his pre-September 11, 2001, briefings?
3) Why did we not anticipate the need to have military assets at the ready in the region on the anniversary of September 11, of all days?
4) Did President Obama sleep the night of September 11, 2012? Did Secretary Clinton? Neither has answered that very simple question – were they awake or asleep while Americans were under fire? When was President Obama told about the murder of our Ambassador?
5) If the Secretary of Defense thought there was `no questions that this was a coordinated attack,’ why did Ambassador Susan Rice, Secretary Clinton and President Obama all tell the American people that the cause was a spontaneous demonstration about an Internet video?
6) Why did former deputy CIA Director Mike Morrell edit the intelligence community talking points to delete the references to Islamic extremists and Al Qaeda?
7) Why did the FBI not release pictures of the militants taken the day of the attack until eight months after the fact? Why not immediately, as proved so effective in the Boston bombing?
8) Why was Secretary Clinton not interviewed for the A.R.B. [Accountability Review Board] report? And if all the relevant questions were answered in the A.R.B. report… why did the State Department’s own Inspector General Office open a probe into the methods of that very report?
9) Why have none of the terrorists who attacked in Benghazi been captured or killed?
10) What additional evidence that the White House engaged in a partisan political campaign to blame the Benghazi attack on the Internet video is contained in the additional emails requested by Judicial Watch but withheld by the White House on the grounds that it would put a `chill on internal deliberations?’”
Do you have a desire to know the answers to these and other questions? Do you think it is important to learn the truth about the attack in Benghazi? Do you even care about the truth? Is your attitude similar to that of Secretary Clinton who asked, “What difference does it make?”
I believe that it makes a big difference. I believe that our President, his administration and probably some members of Congress are involved in criminal activity against the well-being of the United States. I believe they are members of a secret combination, similar to the secret combinations that destroyed the government of the Nephites told in the Book of Mormon – Another Testament of Jesus Christ.
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles issued a warning against secret combinations in 1997: “The Book of Mormon teaches that secret combinations engaged in crime present a serious challenge, not just to individuals and families but to entire civilizations. Among today’s secret combinations are gangs, drug cartels, and organized crime families. The secret combinations of our day function much like the Gadianton robbers of the Book of Mormon times. They have secret signs and code words. They participate in secret rites and initiation ceremonies. Among their purposes are to `murder, and plunder, and steal, and commit whoredoms and all manner of wickedness, contrary to the laws of their country and also the laws of their God” (Helaman 6:23).
“If we are not careful, today’s secret combinations can obtain power and influence just as quickly and just as completely as they did in Book of Mormon times….” (See “Standing for Truth and Right,” Ensign, Nov. 1997.)
The Nephites were destroyed because they allowed the secret combinations of their day to gain power over them. Are we going to follow the same path to destruction? Or will we find the answers to our questions about what happened in Benghazi on September 11, 2012, and why? Will we destroy the secret combinations of our day before they destroy our government?