Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Vote Tomorrow!

                Tomorrow is voting day in several states.  In Alaska it is called the Presidential Preference Poll and will be held from 3:00-8:00 p.m.  I heard a person on a national radio program today say that Alaska will go for Trump.  I certainly hope that my fellow Alaskans will see past this loud mouth and look at Ted Cruz.  I liked Ted from the start, but I hoped the conservative senators would stay in the Senate and a conservative governor would be elected president.  That is one reason my first choice was Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin and my second choice was former Governor of Texas Rick Perry.  When both of them dropped out of the race, I began looking at other candidates.

                I passed on Governor John Kasich of Ohio early on because I did not like some of the things I heard about him.  I looked seriously at Dr. Ben Carson and decided that he would be eaten alive in the Washington environment.  I have heard too many negative things about Marco Rubio to want him as President, and I believe Donald Trump is unfit for the office of President of the United States.

                I like what Rick Perry said today about Ted Cruz:  “If you’re a … Christian, if you are a supporter of our veterans, you need to go and you need to vote overwhelmingly for Ted Cruz…. He is the person that is going to take two checklists with him every day to the Oval Office.  One is the Bible.  And the other is the United States Constitution.”

                Rush Limbaugh declared on his program one day:  “I opened the program yesterday saying, `You will never, ever have to worry about that with Ted Cruz.’  And then I expanded on it.  And let me say one thing:  If conservatism is your bag, if conservatism is the dominating factor in how you vote, there is no other choice for you in this campaign than Ted Cruz, because you are exactly right:  This is the closest in our lifetimes we have ever been to Ronald Reagan.
                “In terms of doctrinaire, understandable, articulated, implementable conservatism, there’s nobody closer.  But I think the electorate at this point in time....”


                We cannot go far wrong with a President who loves the Bible and the Constitution.  I want a President that I won’t have to worry about.  I agree with Rick Perry and Rush Limbaugh:  If you are Christian and/or conservative, if you are one of the “anybody but Trump crowd, if you want a President that can be trusted, there is no one else besides Ted Cruz for you.  Please pray for our nation and about your choice.  I have prayed about my choice and feel strongly that I should support Ted Cruz.  I hope you will also!

No comments:

Post a Comment