Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What to Write

                I am having a difficult time determining what current event I should write about today. Nothing in politics seems worth my effort.  I literally tune out whenever I hear or see anything concerning Barack Obama. I cannot keep track of all the ways that Hilary Clinton has broken the law or Donald Trump has made a fool of himself. We hear something new and terrible each day about the candidates for President from both major political parties. How can we really know what is true and what is not? It appears to me that the American people have chosen unwisely once again, and our nation is screwed with either of the candidates.

                Then there is the media coverage for the Olympics. We hear of all the gold medals being won by Americans, and we hear how our government plans to tax the winners of those medals. We have no idea if the athletes are competing cleanly or if they are using drugs. However, we watch and cheer when they win – or at least most people do.

                I returned a few days ago from a family reunion. My husband and I had the blessing of being with one brother and six sisters and their posterity as well as four of my own children, their spouses, and children. There were approximately 150 people at our family reunion. My appreciation for my siblings rose a great deal recently because we came very close to losing our 84-year-old brother. I have a loving and supportive family, and my thoughts are often with my loved ones.

                Most of my time and thoughts have to do with daily and weekly chores, harvesting produce from my gardens, and preparing for January 2017. I finished my Pathway classes with straight A`s about three weeks ago and have been accepted at Brigham Young University-Idaho for the winter semester. I am currently trying to decide what to study and how to jump through all the hoops necessity to be prepared for the college experience.

                I am trying to enjoy the remaining weeks of summer in Alaska while at the same time completing summer chores. I am also trying to organize my home and life in order to make my college experience more pleasant for myself, my husband, and our family. I was very busy and often stressed September through July because I literally jumped into classes without any planning for school. Since I now plan to take classes for numerous years, I need to be better prepared this time. I delayed my classes until January in order to complete necessary tasks and clearing many items from my to-do list.

                I have shared some of the things weighing on my mind. Hopefully, I can now set them aside and move forward with more interesting thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment